Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Diary : Second Home coming ....


We have an Easter break in the University, so I had come to Germany for a couple of days. Apart from meeting old friends I had to complete some administrative work which I had left in a hurry before leaving.

I travelled in a car along with some friends from Trento to Munich. All of us were going to different places in Germany, for different holidays. The route from Trento-Bolzano-Innsbruck-Munich is one of the best rides to take. We took a circuitous route between the Alps, across the tunnels, through the valleys and finally reached the plateaus of Bavaria. The Alpine valley of Innsbruck is a great visual treat. The autobahn runs across the diameter of the valley. Once you are on the other end of the valley, the autobahn ascends a steep climb. The view from that altitude is just amazing. I am told that the airport in Innsbruck is the toughest to navigate for the pilots, because the valley is surrounded by steep cliffs.

While entering Munich, the familiar skyline etched with the spires of the Frauenkirche, gave me a very nostalgic feeling. It was as if I was returning back home. Its strange feeling, to be so attached to the place where you have spent just almost an year of your life. I guess thats human psyche to get attached to places and things, out of no special reason.

Well at the moment I am having a good time with old friends, there are lots of stories being shared from either side, having pleasant meals. I must be blessed to have such great friends who are not only good at heart/character but are also too good at cooking. I am sure to put on some extra pounds owing to the delicacies of Asian and Mughalai cuisines.

On the Easter sale, I got a good offer for Canon EOS 350D. So at the moment its just - Click ! Click! Click!
Here are some specifications. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS-350D.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Camera!!!!

Anonymous said...

cool camera!!!

Anonymous said...

so your blog is up and running now. how do you know all the names of the places that you come across even while travelling? i must be learning a good deal of geography by reading your blog though ;)

that camera looks darn costly to me. what is the size of the hole it put in your pockets?

Hamza Hydri said...

Thanks for the comments, European Geography and History are some of my interests, so I keep myself updated about anything I see.

I hope to continue writing useful stuff, something people can enjoy and learn from.

That camera is not that costly as it looks to be. some review of it is written here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos350d/