Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Travelogue : San Vincenzo, Tuscany, Italy

Beach Holiday


Last week I had gone to San Vincenzo last week to attend a Summer School on Multimedia Digital Libraries. San Vincenzo is a small tourist town in the region of Tuscany, about 50 Km from Pisa on the West coast of Italy. I guess its a popular destination among family tourists, as all through the week I could see a large number of kids and grand parents. The majority of holiday makers were from Germany. If you want to take a break along with your family on a quite beach, with some decent hotels and serenity in the neighbourhood, then San Vincenzo is the place to be. Among the hotels in the city, I guess Hotel Delphino is recommendable, as it is close to the city center, has a good view of the beach and the room prices are pretty good. The region of Tuscany is famous for its Red Wine and Olives.
The food of also very good with the restaurants serving some very good delicacies. I suggest Serendipity and La Paradisino for some good evening dinner with the gusts of the Meditterrainean blowing on your face.

Evening Dusk at the Mediterrainean Sea


I have uploaded some of the snaps I took during my stay there at this link


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, San Vincenzo is indeed a nice place. But I think you're all extremely attrassed. Why don't you join the ATTRASSO CLUB???