Sunday, March 04, 2007

Experiencing an Eclipse


Last night after dinner, when I was about to drop to bed, my flatmate Fillipo, informed me that we were having a total Lunar Eclipse. I have always found these eclipses (Solar and Lunar) to be an amazing phenomenon, which makes us realise the enormity and complexity of our universe and how it is perfectly balanced. I vividly remember the first time I had seen a lunar eclipse while I was a kid in India, back then we used to hear a lot of stories about why these eclipses happen. Some of the craziest ones, were about a snake eating up the moon, and then when we kids would ask, why does the moon return back, the story-mongers would say the snake could not digest it ! .... and blah blah blah .... talk about crazy stories and you would find millions of them in India .... people have some great creativity back home, especially the old grandmas.

Well, last night I tried taking some snaps of the eclipse. This is the first instant I ever tried snapping an eclipse. Though they are not that great, but I found these 2 be good enough for sharing with you all.




No comments: