Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hike in the Dolomite woods

in the woods of Madonna di Campiglio

A weekend before along with some of my colleagues at work we had gone for a hike in the woods of Madonna di Campiglio. Its about 70 km from Trento and has some beautiful waterfalls. The stream of Sarca runs through the forests and creates the gorgeous Nardis Waterfall, which is an imposing 120 meters high at a gradient of about 60 degrees. These woods are reachable from the small town of Carisolo and are located in the beautiful Val di Genova, in the vicinity of the Adamello-Brenta Nature Park. As you drive through from Trento to Carisolo, you come across numerous cliffs and ridges which are a ideal location for rock climbers.

A lonely walk through the woods, made us feel stranded like Jack, Sawyer, Kate et al. Though I am not an avid climber like some of my friends here, I tried my hand on some easier tracks that day.


me trying the Spidey Act

2 comments:

Nada said...

hello there! thats an awesome photo of the bridge on the woods. hard to believe you captured such breathtaking beauty without working for the National Geographic!
Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. thought id return the compliment.
cheerios!

Hamza Hydri said...

oh thats too flattering!

thanks for the comments :)